cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to modify greeting with audio app

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

We recorded a bunch of call handler greetings today. They all ended up having crackling noises. I have a tac case open to resolve this. I was hoping to be able to edit those greetings with an audio application to clean them up and remove those noises. However I just discovered that they were stored in .stm format. Is there any way those filescan be edited and modified?<br>I also wanted to move one of the greeting to a diferent unity server thinking it would be a wav file. Can I just copy the .STM to the other server?<br><br>Thanks <br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Unfortunately in 2.x it's not easy dealing with the audio files... in 3.x everything is straight WAV files that can be managed normally.

The easiest way to get a greeting from system A to system B in 2.x is to use the media master control in the SA. Use the "paste to file" and "past from file" function to save the greteing out to a WAV file and then import it in on the target system.

You could do the same thing to get things into WAVs that can be cleaned up but it's a bit tedious to do this one at a time. There's no auto convert tool handy for the .STM files.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)