Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber MRA can't communicate with the server

Hello all,

i deployed expressway MRA and configured internal record and external record with required srv records and verified successfully  ,also i verified the external connection through cisco collaboration solution analyzer and found the required ports are open 8443,5222 and 5061 .i created jabber xml file for voice service domain pointed to external domain and i can login jabber internally fine but when i try to login from outside it shows  "can't communicate with the server". when i checked the firewall i found there is no hit came from my jabber when i try to login from outside. anyone can tell me the reason??

12 Replies 12

Vinod16
Level 1
Level 1

Hope you have make external entry in External DNS ...

ServiceSRV queryFQDNPriorityWeightIPProtocolPort
Mobile Remote Access_collab-edge._tls.domainexp-e.domain1010Public IP of EXP ETCP8443

yes,  i verified it 

Please verify your internal entry as well ..

Internal Network – Verification :
Login to the Windows Machine where you Jabber is installed within the network
Go to Start > Run > Type CMD and hit enter
Type nslookup and hit Enter
Type set type=srv and hit enter
Type _cisco-uds._tcp.yourdomain.com and hit enter
This should give you the IP Address pointing to your CUCM
Type _cuplogin._tcp.yourdomain.com and hit enter
This should give you the IP Address pointing to your CUPS

External Network – Verification
Login to Windows Machine where your Jabber is installed outside the network
Go to Start > Run > Type CMD and hit enter
Type nslookup and hit Enter
Type _collab-edge._tls.yourdomain.com and hit enter
This should give you the IP Address pointing to your Expressway E.

Make sure that the CUCM, CUPS and Expressway C is not reachable from outside network.

Thanks for yourreply,

i verified above all and is fine, like i said i configured voice service domain pointing to external domain as the customer want to use the internal domain as a service domain when login in jabber ,my problem is from login outside there is no hit came to firewall  when i try to login from jabber .the zone between two expressway is up also all required ports are open but still not working 

Hello,

Please see the below link and verify your config-

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway-series/117811-configure-vcs-00.html

If it is same and still having issues please take pcap and jabber log files from the client laptop and see where its trying to reach? As you said there is no hit on edge server so probably you need to see in jabber logs whether it is able to resolve the _collab-edge and what happens after that.

Further, you can also take diagnostics on both VCS-C and E in case you are seeing in pacp that its going to edge server.

Thanks.

Please rate if it is helpful.....

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

hello anurag,

i saw from the jabber logs that when the jabber look up at collab edge service it looks for it using the internal domain "_collab-edge._tls.internal.domain" which is false as it should use the external domain , so how can i make it search using the external domain. i configured the voice service domain in the xml file pointing to the external domain. what should i do ??

is your internal and external domain both are different ?

yes, and i login from outside using internal domain

Refer this Doc might be this is helpful for you..
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway-series/117811-configure-vcs-00.html

OR

You have to build 1 DNS server which is kept in your DMZ who can convert External domain into internal Domain .

i reviewed the link up and still jabber looking for the collab edge using the internal domain not external one

Hello,

Can you share me couple of things :
1. Im address of user ( login imp >>administration >>topology >>imp ser >> user im address)
2. Internal domaion
3.external domain
4.email id which you ENTERINGg while login into jabber through MRA.

Hello,

It seems some issue with jabber config file?

Did you tried login internally first for this user? because then only it will be able to download its config file and then you can try from internet.

Please note "VoiceServicesDomain" is case sensitive and you have put this exactly same.

This problem is explained in the above link.

If still you are not able to fix this please open a TAC case to work with IM&P team to check if jabber config file is proper or not.

Thanks.

Please rate if it is helpful.....

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: