cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Losing VM ports...

maguire
Level 1
Level 1

I could have sworn I found related articles on this before, but now that I need them, I can't find 'em...<br><br>Here's the setup:<br>Unity 2.4 Build 2.4.6.126<br>Call Manager 3.0(9)<br><br>I rebooted by Unity box yesterday morning after realizing that I had lost 3 out of 4 VM ports. This morning I'm noticing that port #2 is not accepting callers (so I'm down 25% in one day - not good) Reseting the port does no good - any ideas? Do I need to update/upgrade (hope not)?<br><br>Thanks!<br>Alex<br><br>IS/IT Administrator<br>Maguire Partners<br>555 W. 5th St. Ste. 5000<br>Los Angeles CA 90013

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

When they don't answer, what do they do? Ring-no-answer? Reorder? What's the TSP version?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

They go to fast busy. How does one check the TSP?

IS/IT Administrator
Maguire Partners
555 W. 5th St. Ste. 5000
Los Angeles CA 90013

Not applicable

Cruise to \Winnt\System32\AvSkinny.tsp and right click for the version properties.

Are there any errors in the event log?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

1.0.0.32 is the TSP version. Errors in the even log, a few here it is (it happens for ports 1 and 3, but the port that is hung is port 2):

Component Miu: Thread 0x0000026C had a Failure on Port 1 in Method CAvMiuLine::Transfer(eMIU_XFER_RELEASE)

DESCRIPTION: Timed-out waiting for LINECALLSTATE_IDLE after lineBlindTransfer.
DETAILS:

IS/IT Administrator
Maguire Partners
555 W. 5th St. Ste. 5000
Los Angeles CA 90013

Not applicable

We've done some blind transfer fixes in TSP 3.0.3, and that might take care of the event log errors. I'm not sure if the transfer problems are causing your port lock ups. TSP 3.0.3 can run on Unity 2.4.6, but you'd have to upgrade to 2.4.6.135.

You could upgrade now and see if it resolves the situation, or give TAC a call to further investigate the port locks. That will require the setting, gathering and analysis of TSP traces before and after the port lock (we'll have to capture the lock with the traces running).

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems