cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace "No Space Available to Record Voice Prompt"

brian-henry
Level 4
Level 4

I have a 8106 that when I create a Meeting and dial in it prompts you to record a name to be announced into the meeting, but then it says there is no space avaialable to record my name.

The seeting under "Server Configuration" for Max Recording Space is set to "130000" min.

I think there is something you have to configure on the Audio Server itself but I cannot remember? Is there anything else I should look at?

Thanks

Brian

4 Replies 4

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

You might be running into a bug here. Check this bug-id:CSCsa82802

Thanks, but I cannot locate that bug in the tool kit. Could you forward that to me?

Thanks!!

Brian

alpepate
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

What you want to do is couple of things here:1

1. Run the Disk Usage Statistics (Log into MeetingTime/System/View Disk Usage Statistics/Execute), and note down the "Total available Disk capacity" at the top

2. Now, in MeetingTime go to Configure/Server Configuration/Max Recording space and make sure that the value here is not greater than 80% of the total available disk capacity (step 1 above); If it is, lower it and Save Changes

3. Give it a try now.

4. If that doesn't work then you need to start purging some recordings from your system, and the only way to INSTANTLY do this, is by going in your review tab and selecting meetings one at a time, until you see the DELETE MEETINGNOTES button highlight (which indicates that this particular meeting contains recording/attachment). Click on DELETE MEETINGNOTES until you free up enough space to accomodate MeetingPlace to allow you to record guest name.

By the way, this symptom is very common in MeetingPlace when you're running out of disk space to hold recordings/attachments

Thanks for the response, but I guess I should give a little background as well.

There were 15 other systems setup exactly as this, brand new, and this was the only one behaving in this fashion.

I did run the disk stats and it was hardly anything since recording meetings was not and will not ever be done on the system.

However I did not play with the Max Recording (min) either adjusting up or down to see if it would kick start something.

There are Cisco engineers that have taken over this issue and most likely have resolved it by now, but I will e-mail them to find out if so.

I will respond back to everyone with their findings to make sure everyone knows the solution or possibly bug that could be easily fixed.

Thanks again!

Brian