cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Notification Problems

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

System Information: CallManager 3.1(2c), Unity 3.03, and AVCiscoTSP 3.03.<br><br>Problem: When a subscriber sets up message notification for their mailbox, Unity cannot out dial a phone, pager, or anything for that matter. Unity cannot send message notification to an internal extension. I have verified all of the CallManager and Unity dialing restrictions are correct. <br><br>Tests Completed: <br>1. I am able to transfer within Unity to the extension that I want to call for message notification. <br>2. I am able to setup the subscribers ‘Call Transfer’ settings to ring the extension I am trying to message notify and this works fine. <br><br>Thanks.<br><br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Are MWIs working for the person you're testing with?

If so, try leaving a new message and then enabling/disabling the notification device you're working with. Then run a subscriber message activity report for that guy (you may have to wait a few minutes). The report should show if they're any activity being kicked out by the notifier at all and if notifications are being attempted but failing.

Common issues:

1. no dialout ports defined in the ports page.
2. The notification devices isn't enabled for the message type being left (i.e. the "urgent only" flag is on, the "enabled" radio button isn't set or the like).
3. Schedule isn't active for notification device based on the clock the user is set to (i.e. sometimes multiple time zone support can throw folks here).

If MWI's aren't working then the notifier isn't getting events that the mailbox state change has taken place when a message arrives. This is a different class of problem.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Yes the MWIs are working fine.

1. Message Notification is enabled on the ports page.
2. Notification is set to enabled and the urgent only flag is not checked.
3. I don’t see any problems with the schedules.

When I run the ‘Subscriber Message Activity Report’ the ‘DialOutNumber’ column is blank and the ‘DialOut Result’ reads NA. Another interesting thing is that I can see the MWI light being turned on and off in the Status Monitor, but no dial out activity on VM ports.

Any ideas???

Not applicable

Hmmm... that's odd. I've never seen a dialout number be blank like that. If it's logging a dialout attempt clearly the notification engine is triggering the event and it's getting as far as the arbiter to do the dialout itself.

I'll have to run a few tests in the morning and we'll probably have to get you to turn on some MIU and arbiter traces to see where it's breaking down. I don't have any snappy ideas as to why you'd be seeing that right off the top of my head.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)