cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Messages being truncated

ilang
Level 1
Level 1

Have a 2621 w/ an HDA card in it. Running Unity 3.1.5. Users are complaining of voicemails being cut off. I have tested internally and can leave messages 2-3 minutes long. Have not done extensive tests from external calls, but I am wondering if the HDA may be causing the problem. Anyone had any similiar experiences w/ messages being cut off ? w/ a HDA card?

Thanks,

Israel Lang

1 Reply 1

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Isreal,

I haven't seen anything specific with the HDA. There may be an issue with the 2600 config, network related issue or an issue within Unity.

You may want to start with looking at some of the easy items:

- Check your NIC driver for Unity to make sure you are not using one with a driver that causes alignment errors:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/nic_align_error.html

-You may want to check the AGC settings on the Unity server. Normally the recommended settings work best. Also, I have seen where upgrades to 3.1(5) don't have the AGCminimumThreshold registry key. If you are missing this please add it.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/tsg/tsg314/tsg_0450.htm#xtocid8

- Depending on your configuration, you may need to adjust the playout delay on the gateway.

- A Sniffer trace will provide not only information regarding packet loss, jitter, etc but with the right tools can verify if the RTP stream is being cut off by Unity or if there is silence in the recording.

If you go through the first two steps and don't solve the issue, you may want to open a case with TAC for help with the remainder. TAC will, at minimum, ask for GW IOS config and version, Unity version, network diagram/layout between Unity and the GW, switch port config and NIC config (speed/duplex), port statistics for both the Unity and GW switch ports and they will eventually ask for the Sniffer trace of a failed call.

The more of this info you can provide upfront the quicker TAC will be able to help. Also, provide them with the troubleshooting steps you have performed.

HTH,

Kev