Views
Helpful
Replies

MP8 + Webex Node OnPremise FQDN

iantra123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

I encounter Domain constraint about installing a Webex node, so I want to ask you :

We've deployed a Meeting place8.0.0.393 in LAN. Then a Webex Node for MCS will be added.

The concern is that Meeting place and the WebexNode will be installed on premise.

Thus the DNS that will be used is like "myenterprise.local". ( mpapps1.myenterprise.local and  wbxNode1.myenterprise.local)

Its not like .com or .org or any domain reachable from Internet. And the .local is not reachable from Internet.

The SRND doesn't show a different domain (DNS) between the onpremise and the Enterprise webex Internet domain (enterprise.webex.com)

So  my question is : is it possible to use this domain.local with webex registration ? Does anyone already used hte described design?

Or should I create a domain reachable from internet for this webex node?

localdomain.png

Thanks,

Antra

1 Reply 1

Arun Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Antra,

Feel free to use myenterprise.local as domain name (I've seen many customer doing that), there is nothing to worry and you don't reachabilty from internet. 

Let me know if any other query.

HTH

Arun

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: