cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multilingual support

jschless
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a customer that would like to convert some of the system messages to Portuguese. As far as I can tell, we do not even support that language. <br>1. Do we plan on supporting Portuguese?<br>2. If so, what release should we expect to see it?<br>3. Is it even possible to convert some of the system messages to one language, and leave other in the original language?<br>Thanks in advance.<br><br>Jeff Schlesser<br>CSE<br>TAC Engineer<br>408-527-4204

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Portuguese is currently not on the radar for the localization group. You'll want to make sure to get that request into the product group, although I know the localization crew is very busy these days.

No, it's not as easy as just recording some of the prompts in different languages. You need to create new phrase servers since different languages order the prompts differently (i.e. the time/date stamps are a good example of this... the "AM" references and date structures are different from language to language). It would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to slip this in and make it sound correct. Definitely not something we'd be supporting regardless.

Best course of action is to get the feature request in and push on it that way.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)