cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

multiple lamp codes

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have an install on a networked switch that uses analog lamps for the remote extensions and serial for the local sets. Is there a way in Unity to force the lamp codes to go out differently on a user by user basis? What about different analog codes?<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

yes, you can have multiple MWI definitions in a single switch configuration file. I think there's a limit of like 8 or something like that but you'd think 2 or 3 would be sufficient for any given scenario!

You simply add additional [MWI AlternateX] sections to the switch file and indicate the method and which special character will precede the lamp code in the SA (i.e. "@" sign). For instance, a switch file that used the AVSMDI.AVD as it's serial engine and had two alternate analog MWI types that used "@" or "&" in the subscriber's lamp code to identify them would have a section at the bottom that looked like this:

[MWI Default]
Active=Yes
MWIType=Serial
SerialConfiguration=SMDI
UpdateDisplay=No
CodesChangeable=No
RetryCount=0
RetryInterval=0

[MWI Alternate1]
Active=Yes
Digit=@
MWIType=Analog
PortMemory=No
LampOn=#,63,X
LampOff=#,64,X
CodesChangeable=Yes
RetryCount=2
RetryInterval=5

[MWI Alternate2]
Active=Yes
Digit=&
MWIType=Analog
PortMemory=No
LampOn=*,1,X
LampOff=*,0,X
CodesChangeable=Yes
RetryCount=2
RetryInterval=5

I would assume you'd set up your system with SMDI integration as default and simply add as many additional analog lamp definitions as possible. remember, only one inbound integration method should be active so it sounds like SMDI is the one you want to go with.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice Corp
jlindborg@activevoice.com