cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Ring on Intercom lines (AutoAnswer) in CM3.2

smithron
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone figured out how to set a ring on an Intercom line (auto answer) in Call Manager 3.2? The users who want this functionality in our organization do not like that there is no tone or ring when it automatically picks up. The only way you can tell someone is listening in is by looking at the display.

5 Replies 5

neillt
Level 1
Level 1

Thats odd, we use it at our site (using 3.2(2c)SPe) and it does give about half a ring before picking up. Maybe there is a service parameter that defines the wait before accepting the call?

Thanks for relpying. We originally tried it on two of our phones and got no ring. I just tried it on a few others and it worked fine on them. I will have to figure out what caused it on the original ones just out of courisity. This should work fine for those that wanted the feature. Once again thanks for replying.

Hello to you. Im doing some research into CM 3.2's auto-answer capabilities and noticed one of your posts on Cisco's message boards. Are you using a third party product? Do you happen to have any resources that you could point me to which might provide a walkthrough, examples or at a minimum get me started down the right path?

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks much,

Adam

CM 3.2 does autoanswer without a third party product. You only need to set up a new line on a phone and select the autoanswer to speakerphone option from the new pull down menu in the line settings. It also gives a short tone before the line picks up to let the user know they have been put on intercom. I don't know why we didn't get a tone the first time we set it up but now it works fine. Note that 3.2 does change other things that you will have to fine tune. It changes the way calls are handed off between CM and Unity.

Sounds like setting this up will be pretty straightforward - thank you.