cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Busy Greeting

dabruzer
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having trouble getting the Busy Greeting to work. When I enable it through the web interface as an administrator, I still don't get the option to enable or disable or record through the extension of the subscriber. I've already restarted the devices and deleted, then reconfigured the devices.<br><br>Thanks in advance for any help...<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

You do not have access to the busy or internal greetings over the subscriber setup conversation over the phone. If users want to get at them they must use the SA or the AA to enable and record them.

It'd be nice to add these to the setup conversation over the phone but it's actually more work than it sounds... having multiple greetings which need to be enabled/disabled and recorded over the phone is pretty messy stuff (right now only the altnerate is enabled/disabled, the standard and off hours are always on). One of those things that takes enough time that it pushes new feature work off and so far the product folks haven't wanted to do that.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Thanks Jeff... I understand about not accessing those settings through the phone
I guess the second part of my post was that we're still having problems getting the Busy Greeting to actually answer even when we've enabled it. Any help there? We've reset the phones. We've deleted the device profiles and registered them in CallManager. Still no luck. Thanks for any insight. fyi-Unity 2.4.6; CM 3.08; TSP 1.0.0.28

Not applicable

someone from the CM group can correct me here but I don't believe the current versions of CM send us the forwarding reason (i.e. RNA vs DND vs Busy etc...). They just say it's forwarded.

The busy greeting will only kick in if we get a forwarding reason from the switch integration. You can confirm this by looking at the call viewer (found in the Unity program group) and run some test calls. I'll bet you see that RNA forwarded calls looks more or less like busy forwarded calls.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Just a slight clarification here, on release-type transfers the busy greeting will only kick in if we get a forwarding reason from the switch integration. If the transfer type is supervised, then the busy greeting (if correctly recorded and enabled) should work.