cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nortel voice cluster communication with Cisco CM cluser!

asapun
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone implemented an inter-cluster communication btw a Nortel Succession voip cluster and Cisco Call Manager cluster?!

What kind of a gatekeep would one need? and is there any other h/w needed to get this working?

3 Replies 3

adeolu_adeoye
Level 1
Level 1

To the best of my knowledge, there is currently no two IP telephony solutions that are completely inter-operable. This is majorly due to the "PBX" (call manager) portions of each vendor's implementation. They are all radically different. Even when they claim to run the same protocols, the protocol implementation is often dissimilar.

However, if you are running H.323v2 in both clusters, I guess you could give it a shot. It may work with some major tweaking. You will definitely need to figure out a way to add a Nortel Gateway to a Cisco Call Manager. Another thing you could do is interconnect the Nortel and Cisco clusters using 2 Cisco routers (say 2600s). You could run H.323 on those and see if it works. I am not sure if Succession supports generic gateways.

Do let me know if it works.

The idea is not to mix and match different vendor equipments.

I'm refering to two independent voip clusters. One a Nortel Succession cluster and the other a Cisco CM cluster.

What I need to know is, what do I need to do to be able to make a call from an IP phone that belongs to the CM cluster, to an IP phone that's part of Nortel's Succession cluster?! Perhaps the H323 gatekeeper can act as a bridge between the two!?

Thanks

cstephens
Level 1
Level 1

Our testing has indicated limited support between the platforms. We can successfully send calls from the ITG 24.25d, to CallManager on 3.2 and but not from the CallManager to the ITG.