Views
Helpful
Replies

Pilot number forward to VM

chkt1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I want to set a Pilot number which extn is 4999. And A lists of phone will be serviced this Pilot number. I set the line group and hunt list for this feature and the Distribution Algorithm is Circular. However I do not know how to forward to VM when No answer for this pilot number. I have tried to add the VM line group in this Hunt group but the call becomes direct call in.

How to set the Forward VM for this Pilot number ?

Thx

3 Replies 3

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

I think I know what you mean, but I am not positive. You can set VM as the last number in the hunt group and select the check mark for always route. That way after it runs through the top numbers it will jump to vmail.

Is this what you mean?

Geoff

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

The easy way to setup the Pilot is to go to

Service -> CM Attendant console, create a pilot point (4999) and then create a hunt group based on this pilot point with the list of phones added in a circular distrubution algorithm. To forward calls to VM when no body answers the pilot number (4999), you can add the VM pilot as the last member. I have seen problems with later versions of CM where you cannot add a VM pilot number as a member of the hunt group. To resolve this issue, what I usually do is create a CTI port (extn 4000) and forward all its calls to VM.

Make this CTI port as the last member of the hunt group. In Unity VM I create a mailbox for VM with an appropriate recorded message.

Check this document for more info. on setting up CM pilot points and hunt groups.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2351/products_tech_note09186a00800945e3.shtml

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Sorry for my explain.

My callmanager version is 4.01sr2a.

I set the pilot number is on the Line group which is a new feature in CCM4.01.

I can't use the Attendant console because distrubution algorithm does not have circular algorithm.

Can i use VM in this feature ?