cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Playback devices

cbigas
Level 1
Level 1

We have just upgraded to Unity 2.4.6.135<br><br>When I try to playback a recorded greeting I get the following message;<br>"The specific phone number does not answer"<br><br>This worked before the upgrade.<br>I have the playback device set as the Phone and my Ext.<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

The error you are getting indicates Unity is trying to ring the phone but isn't getting answered. What happens when you try a different extension?

Make sure you use the servername or IP address of the Unity and the correct extension number.
Make sure there are no dialout restrictions in your class of service that would prevent the particular dialout.
Make sure you have ports assigned for TRaP connections in the Ports section of the SA.
If this is Dual Switch, Unity will attempt to use TRaP ports on the switch assigned to your admin account.
Make sure your phone isn't set to forward all calls or something silly like that.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Not applicable

Scott,

I added the actual server IP address instead of it's host name and it worked. Might have been a problem with our DNS resolution.

THANK YOU
Chris Bigas