cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Playing Audio Files

adam.blomfield
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently streaming audio to phone handsets from a website by setting the content type header to audio/basic... this had been working fine for some time until I tried to access the service from a 7970 handset. When I try this it just sits at "Requesting..." forever. Is this a known problem, and is there a workaround?

4 Replies 4

Developer22
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, I don't actually have an answer for you but I do have a question if that is ok?

I am creating an IVR using jtapi and CISCO IP phones and CTI points. The problem is getting the phone to "listen" for an sound file transmission. I am using AVtransmitt and receive and although both are executing and a CiscoMediaOpenLogicalChannelEv is occuring, I can't actually hear anything over the phone and then after a few seconds the phone goes to engaged tone- i.e dead noise -> tone. Do you know how to force the phone to listen. I am using inputing the relevant parameters i.e dest/source ipadd, port, file etc but no luck. I have got it to work over two separate computers listening to the sam port but nothing when I replace the second comp with the ip phone. Do you know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

kstearns
Level 1
Level 1

That is a known defect on the 7970/71/41/61 phones. It will be fixed in an upcoming 7.x firmware maint release, but I don't know the exact version or release date. The problem is that the firmware doesn't properly handle the audio/basic content-type. The only workaround is to use the PlayURI and transfer the audio file to the phone via TFTP rather than HTTP.

Ok thanks for the input. Another question quickly, when dynamically assigning the RTP parameters for a Cisco media terminal, the

try

{

CTISetup.mterm.setRTPParams(crh, crp);

}

clause is throwing the exception:

com.cisco.jtapi.PlatformExceptionImpl: CCNException errorCode = -1932787708

Do you have any idea what this is or why it is happening? Due to this, CM is assigning its own receive channel and I can't synchronise the transmission.

Thanks again.

I'm glad to hear that it has been acknowledged as a known issue and will be resolved. I first brought this up as a problem over a year ago. Unfortunately the workaround doesn't work for me as I am streaming from a public internet site.