cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prompt cloning

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

JL. This is Randy, I am on call and Telecom Labs says that there is a new feature in 2.4.5.73 called cloning. I have never heard of it and have looked in the release note and could not find anything about it.<br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

Hey Randy.

I'm pretty sure this is dealing with the simple fail over capability... in 2.4.5 build 73 you can replicate the greeting directories (not prompts) between two machines since their links are not stored in a way that includes the machine names as earlier versions did.

If it's not that, I got no idea what they're thinking of...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

This is Troy Beckett & Ryan Drovdahl with TelecomLabs. What we are dealing with here is the prompting for emulation of the Octel VM prompts. This upgrade at Qpass.com was sold specifically to mimic the Octel VM prompts. Does that help?

Not applicable

Ah... yes... this isn't "cloning" then... it's an alternate conversation for the message retrieval conversation. In other words it maps the keys for delete, skip etc... to be more like what Octel users may be accustom to.

You need to set the registry to load this option... open your favorite registry edit tool and go to:

HKLM\Software\Active Voice\CDE\1.0\

there's a key there called "Softkey Config File". by default this will be set to:
"c:\commserver\support\unitykey.ini"

You need to change this to:
"c:\commserver\support\optconv1.ini"

Of course the 'c:\commserver' should map to whatever drive/directory you installed Unity to.

Reboot and you're in business. The key options will be different and the prompts for the menu options will, of course, also be different.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

That is exactly what we needed. Your fruit basket is in the mail. Thanks a bunch.

Not applicable

Jeff, in being more thorough in our (TelecomLabs & Qpass.com) testing of the prompting we have discovered a few things that are not working:

3 - Fast forward is not working
33 - Faster forwarding is not working
8 - to return to normal listening volume is not working ( 9 to increase the listening volume is working though...)
6 - for fast playback is notworking
66 - for faster playback is not working

Maybe we may have the incorrect .ini file that correlates to the form that we have received from ActiveVoice. Are these settings configurable in the ini file or is there another one that we can try that would fix these issues.

Standing by at the customer site for additional help. Thanks in advance.