cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Push IP Phone (7960)

vcapuccio
Level 1
Level 1

am having difficult posting to a 7960 phone. I have a user set up in the Call Manager Express

I am using code from the push2phone jsp provided in the SDK. The program looks up the MAC addresses of phones connected to the Call Manager just fine, but doesn't "do anything" when I try to send. Just says that the message has been sent and it returns to the homepage. The phone does nothing.

If I browse to http://phoneip/CGI/Execute, it prompts me for a user/password combination. When I enter the user with full access rights to the phone, it just comes back with "<CiscoIPPhoneError Number="4" /> ", which I gather from other posts is an authentication error.

Any ideas?

Regards

Victor

4 Replies 4

rpanigrahi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Victor,

It is a authentication error. To avoid this error you need to set the Authentication URL in the System - Enterprise Option of Cisco Call Manager.

To solve this error please follow the following steps:

1. Go to the Administration Interface of the Cisco Call Manager.

2. Select Enterprise Parameters from the System Menu.

3. Specify http://192.168.5.22/CCMCIP/authenticate.asp as the value for the Authentication URL.

Note: - Replace the Call Manager IP Address of the example with the IP Address of your Call Manager.

Hope that it wil solve your problem.

Hello Ram, I beleave that will work OK for CM not for Call Manager Express.

Do you have any Ideas for CMME?

You should be able to set an authentication url with one of th ephone commands (I don't remember which, I hardly see any CMEs much less program them). Have the authentication URL point to your application server and perform the authentication there (I very much doubt the CME can do authentication itself).

Please follow he follwoing steps to verify the Authentication URL on the IP Phone:

1. Select the Settings Button on the IP Phone

2. Select Network Configuration

3. Scroll down to the item Authentication URL in the

list.Please make sure that the URL of the

Authentication URL is proper.

4. You can reset the phone to update this paremter

Sometime it is essetial to check the URL on the IP Phone even we have configured the same in Call Manager or Call Manager Express.