cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Return Network info LLDP / CDP on XML submit

JacobMunson
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you in advance for any info. I am working on an XML application where I would like to use environmental info about the phone such as LLDP or CDP information. Does anyone know how to retrieve this info from a cisco phone?

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Some of the LLDP-type details may be available from the on-phone web pages, e.g. /DeviceInformationX (see attachment.)

In general SNMP-type phone info is available by proxy in the CUCM SNMP tables. 

Depending on what info you need, exactly, it might be retrievable via CUCM AXL or Risport APIs

I wasn't aware of these device information URLs can you share the link to this document? is there a URL for network information the equivalent to HTTP://<phone IP>/CGI/Java/Serviceability?adapter=device.statistics.port.network?

See the IPPS Development Notes doc here: https://developer.cisco.com/site/ip-phone-services/documents/

You may need to provide CUCM user credentials to access the phone via HTTP (i.e. of a user associated to the device), and finding the phone IP to send the HTTP GET is a hurdle as well.  Also depends on the phone web service not being administratively disabled.