Views
Helpful
Replies

Siemens PBX and Cisco IP telephony.

johnleeee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

could someone help me what is best solution to implement telephony in our new locality. We have optical connection between HQ and branch, but its problem to pull new cables for classic analog telephony to this place. We are thinking about IP telehony in the feature over all our company. But now we want to connect new locality with IP phones to our Siemens PBX.

Could someone help us what possibilities

are at the present moment?

BR

jl

2 Replies 2

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

Well, as I understand you have an analog traditional Siemens PBX and not IP Based.

IN this case, the best solution is to buy a E1 card for the Siemens PBX. On the Cisco Side you install a voice E1 card and configure the E1 signaling with the PBX.

As the IP phones you will have a Cisco Call Manager or Cisco Call Manager express. On the Cisco Call Manager you route the calls starting with a string you decide such as 9xxx to be forwarded to the Cisco VG which in turn forward it to the Siemens PBX. Same for analog phones on Siemens PBX you need to forward all calls that starts with 8xxx for example to the E1 Voice port and on the Cisco VG you forward it to the call manager to reach the IP phones on the other end point.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would need to start with some sort of IP PBX.. so since you are in the Cisco forums, get a Callmanager platform. Use a router with a MGCP gateway connected to the CallManager and in the router a MFT WIC card for your Siemens PBX. Connect a T1 port off the Siemens to the router MFT card.

Create route points between the two systems. In the Siemens, we used the dtrans table to dial IP phones on the CCM side. On the CCM side, we made a tranlation rule that if the 4 digit was not in CCM, it routed to the siemens. Our Rolm system is too old for QSIQ and Cisco can not use that propritary signally for caller id or station ids.. so we are living with until we migrate everyone off it. (about 900 phones)

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: