cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk

mgischernsnw
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of configuring our new CCME system and want to avoid using analog lines. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Has anyone found a SIP provider that supports Call Manager Express? I have been very unsuccessful so far in my searches for such a company. I'm probably going to get a cheap account somewhere and try it out.

4 Replies 4

miwiley_maxsurg
Level 1
Level 1

Outbound only?

Inbound you will face number portability.

E911 - make sure you check it out.

Here is a quick thread: 'google it'

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/voip/43901

Note: Carriers are still scared to let loose! :-)

Though this would not be hard....just $'s

LinksysOne will be playing w/ Verizon. But I bet it will be limited..Cisco play for the SMB space.

If you can live through the list as its a bit challenging.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/VOIP+Service+Providers+B2B

/mike

I'm looking for inbound and outbound - number portability isn't an issue in this case. We'll be keeping one line that we can forward when busy, assuming inbound calls can be made to work. It'll also be our E911 number.

Thanks for the link to that thread. I somehow missed that in all of my googling..

I have been going through that list at voip-info.org and have been unsuccessful so far in finding anyone to support this. I'm still going though.

mgischernsnw
Level 1
Level 1

Just wanted to update this. I now have basic inbound and outbound calling working. Not very difficult, well.. at least once you figure out your dialplan is not stripping the 9 off your outbound numbers.

I still am having trouble with call transfers and conference calls though. Hopefully I can get that worked out with my next (rare) block of free time.

I ended up going with Junction Networks to test this.. for $10 you can get an account, 1 DID, and enough time for basic testing.

what exactly are the problems you are having ?, i setup a SIP based provider, using all CCME for my clients, call forward and transfer working fine in CCME 3.4. for some reason CCME 4.0 is having trouble transfering calls tho.