cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Snapshot Directory Permissions

steve0216
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having events show up in my Application log saying that the *.txt files that are located in the snaphot directory for file replication purposes "do not have the same structure" - and I have seen this problem intermitently throughout the environment. This is concerning ver. 3.1.5 - failover, with Exchange off-box: What troubles me is the fact that we locked down the NTFS permissions, in place on the files themselves - but to the "authenticated users" group, as opposed to the "everyone" group - which in my mind shouldn't cause any issues - especially considering that the installation itself awards the Unity Installation account permissions on the share. The other aspect of this which troubles me, is the fact that I have 5 other servers in the environment which have identical security configurations, and no troubles... I was wondering if anyone could explain the file replication sequence to me - and who, as far as user accounts would be accessing the snapshot share / why this problem might be occuring:

Cheers;

And thanks in advance for your assistance in this matter:

1 Reply 1

afuller
Level 4
Level 4

The filesystem structure of your Commserver directory doesn't match between the two servers--specifically check the Stream Files directory. Someone's probably made a folder in there on one of the servers. CSCdx47245.

adam