cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speed button on VMI is greyed out

wbalk
Level 1
Level 1

When opening Outlook and tapping on a received message, the speed is greyed out and therefor cannot be changed.

This is a demo environment. Is the speed changing limited in the demo environment?

Running Unity 3.1.3.

8 Replies 8

DAVE GENTON
Level 2
Level 2

VMI is the web interface into Unity available in 3.1.3 and above. You must be speaking of the VMO client. Is it the VMO plug-in in VMI, or is it the Outlook plug-in, could you please specify.

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of the VMO form are you working with (assuming as Dave points out this is a VMO question)? Speed control was added back in fairly recently so in older versions of the form it's grayed out... did you install the latest form off the 3.1(3) CD? If you had a VMO form on there from an earlier release of Unity this could very well be your problem.

If it's the latest and greatest the only other thing that comes to mind is for whatever reason the DLL we use for the speed up/slow down stuff is not properly registered on the client. Search for a file name AVTSM.DLL (TSM means Time Scale Modification) on your client box... if it's there, make sure it's registered (run "regsvr32 avtsm.dll").

Hi Jeff/Dave,

Of course I was refering to VMO (my mistake). If I click on about ViewMail in ViewMail for Outlook, the it is stating 3.1(3), So I think I am using the right version. If I am clicking on the about this Form, I get version 3.0.1. Which is perhaps a bit odd, because I only have and installed Unity CD1 3.1.3 and installed viewmail form the CD1.

Nevertheles, I tried to find AVTSM.DLL and the only one I was able to locate was AVTSMSL.DLL. I assume it is the one you are refering to. I tried to regsvr32 the thing and it gave me the following error:

"avtsmsl.dll was loaded but the DLLRegsiterServer entry point was not found

DLLRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of avtsmsl.dll may be in memory. Consider using Pview to detect it and remove it"

Reading the above, looks like the avtsmsl.dll was not registered, however I am not able toregister it. I used pview and it is not located in memory. I tried different users to register including Administrator, but the error stays.

Are you using a local media device (sound card) for playing these back on the VMO form or are you using TRAP? The capabilities of the WAV driver being used may be coming into play here...

Hi Jeff,

I am using the Phone to play. There is no sound card attached in the computer used for outlook VMO. So as far as the playback and recording devices only the phone is avalable as selectable option.

Btw what is TRAP? Something to do with Telephone Audio?

TRaP is Telephone Record and Playback, the ability to direct the call or recording from the pc to your phone.

Thanks for the info about TRAP, but does this prevent the use of the speed button.

msubramanian
Level 1
Level 1

The speed playback feature had been disabled in unity 3.1.3.There is a bug

CSCdw88890.As a workaround they have disabled the feature.