Views
Helpful
Replies

Subscriber Installation Fails

mgalea
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am building a new Callmanager cluster 3.3(3) and have successfully built the publisher, but the installation of the subscriber fails. Both servers are connected to the same lan and each server can access the other servers shares.

The installation seems to fail just after the install shield message "installing callmanager"

Any ideas?

Thanks

Martyn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The problem lies here

2-3-2004 17:11:24 Subscriber has problem to connect to the Publisher Database

You may want to check the name resolution, LMHOSTS, HOSTS files. If you still have the problem, you may need to change the SQL connection mode from Named Pipes to TCP/IP.

The 'Property(S)' are parameters set by the installer in the memory and you can ignore them.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

munatara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Martyn,

Need the install logs located in C:\Program Files\common files\cisco\logs to determine the failure. You may want to open a TAC case to trouble shoot this.

Hi

I have checked the logs and copied the relevant output below.

CCMInst - log

MSICreateProcessWithLogon()

Action 17:11:27: MSICheckForCCMFailure.

02/03/2004 17:11:27.828(W) -->MSICheckForCCMFailure()

02/03/2004 17:11:27.828(W) Opened registry key

02/03/2004 17:11:27.828(W) Retrieved status of CallManager install

02/03/2004 17:11:27.828(W) 1

02/03/2004 17:11:27.828(W) CallManager install failed

02/03/2004 17:11:27.828(W) Notifying user of failure

Failure occured during the CallManager install. Please look at the CallManager install log file for detail. Aborting Cisco CallManager install.

02/03/2004 17:11:35.390(W) <--MSICheckForCCMFailure()

Action ended 17:11:35: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

Action 17:11:35: Rollback. Rolling back action:

CCMDbsetup -log

2-3-2004 17:11:07 Checking the Database Connection....

2-3-2004 17:11:07 _DBGetVersion: iswvcm1 CCM0300 CiscoCCMUser ********

2-3-2004 17:11:24 Subscriber has problem to connect to the Publisher Database.

I found an entry in the log file when it was rolling back which points to a password problem.

Property(S): Error_BlankLanmanPassword = You must enter a phrase from 1 to 15 characters in length. This phrase may contain English lower-case letters, English upper-case letters, Westernized Arabic Numerals, and the following Non-alphanumeric "special characters" { } . < > : ? / | \ ` ~ ! @ $ ^ & * ( ) _ - +

Property(S): Error_BlankPassword = You must enter a password

Property(S): Error_BlankSrvrName = You must enter a valid Backup Server name. TCP/IP name resolution is required to locate this Server.

Property(S): Error_DifferentPassword = The passwords that you entered do not match.

Property(S): Error_InvalidPassword = The password that you entered is not valid.

Property(S): ErrorDialog = SetupError

Property(S): InstallChoice = AR

Property(S): INSTALLLEVEL = 100

Property(S): ISSCRIPT_VERSION_MISSING = The InstallScript engine is missing from this machine. If available, please run ISScript.msi, or contact your support personnel for further assistance.

Property(S): ISSCRIPT_VERSION_OLD = The InstallScript engine on this machine is older than the version required to run this setup. If available, please install the latest version of ISScript.msi, or contact your support personnel for further assistance.

I don't understand this as ALL the passwords are exactly the same.

Martyn

The problem lies here

2-3-2004 17:11:24 Subscriber has problem to connect to the Publisher Database

You may want to check the name resolution, LMHOSTS, HOSTS files. If you still have the problem, you may need to change the SQL connection mode from Named Pipes to TCP/IP.

The 'Property(S)' are parameters set by the installer in the memory and you can ignore them.

Hi

I have connectivity betweenn the two servers and can share files, so I am assuming that the lmhosts file is working. Can you tell me more about changing the SQL mode and more importantly why should I have to do this and a brand new installation.

Thanks

Martyn

Hi Munatara

Your comment about lmhost files got me thinking and I re-imported a new lmhosts file into the subscriber server. This solved the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Martyn