cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T-1 Clocking on ISR4431 With Channelized T-1/PRI Card

Michael Mertens
Level 1
Level 1

I have a large campus environment with an old ROLM PBX. The ROLM PBX had PSTN connectivity via multiple T-1 CAS circuits, and received it's clocking from two of the T-1s. We've since migrated PSTN connectivity over to two SIP trunks connected to two ISR4431 CUBEs, and route calls over to the PBX (for traditional telephony end-points) via 2 T-1s. 

Now with the conversion to SIP complete, I need to decomm the T-1 CAS trunks and move PBX clocking over to the CUBE. Ideally, I'd like to have the CUBE provide clock to the PBX on one T-1, and then the other T-1 (#2) to receive clock from the PBX (which would be derived the CUBE's T-1 #1). I'm having problems doing that...Currently, both T-1s on the CUBEs are set to receive clock from the PBX. While I could (or should be able to) change both T-1's to Internal, I need to remove the DS0 Group to do that and would essentially need to cause an outage. I have been able to do this on an ISR3900 before. 

The errors/sequence of commands:

config t
controller t1 0/1/0
ds0-group 1timeslots 1-24 type e&m-wink-start
clock source internal

!!! But when I add the DS0 back in:
NBTV963MDFVGWBC22(config)#controller t1 0/1/0
NBTV963MDFVGWBC22(config-controller)#ds0-group 1timeslots 1-24 type e&m-wink-start
%Cannot create ds0/tdm/pri-group with clock source internal
%ds0 group cannot be created under the clock source configuration

!!! So then I try to prioritize clock sources: controller t1 0/1/0 (internal) to be primary and Controller t1 0/1/1 to be secondary
NBTV963MDFVGWBC22(config)#network-clock select 1 controller t1 0/1/0
Source T1 0/1/0 is not valid, reason : Unsupported SPA controller

Is there a way to do this on the ISR4431 (as I've done it on the ISR3900) or is it that the hardware architecture will not allow it?

Current T1 controller config:

!
controller T1 0/1/0
framing esf
clock source internal
linecode b8zs
cablelength long 0db
description NBTV963MDFSITMX22-3/1
!
controller T1 0/1/1
framing esf
clock source line secondary