cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unified messaging

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way that I can have the option to listen either voice mail or email over tui , for example press 1 to hear voice mail, press 2 to hear email, or skip voice mail if they want jump to email?

Thanks

Shouyi

5 Replies 5

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

With 4.0(1) and later the Message Type Menu can be turned on.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_book09186a008014f98a.html

Message Type Menu

Check this check box so that Cisco Unity plays the following menu when subscribers log on to Cisco Unity over the phone:

Press 1 to hear voice messages

Press 2 to hear e-mails

Press 3 to hear faxes

Press 4 to receipts

Press # to hear all messages

Note that although the e-mail and fax options are available in the Message Type menu, Cisco Unity plays e-mails and faxes only when the subscriber is assigned to a class of service that has the text-to-speech and FaxMail features enabled.

Subscribers can also enable the Message Type menu by using the Cisco Unity Assistant.

Hope that helps,

Keith

Does this only apply on version 4.0?

yes, the "flex stack" feature was introduced on 4.0(1) - you can't do this on earlier versions.

When I enable the message type menu, System does tell me that I have 5 Email and 2 Voice mail but it does not play the menu , where I get choices as mentioned above. DO I have to modify any other place to activate the above menu.

No, there's no other place you need to turn this on. If you have the message type menu active when you call into your mailbox you'll hear your message counts (if configured) and then you have the option to select to near new messages, send a message, hear old messages or configuration options. Once you select new or old messages _then_ you'll hear the menu indicating you can select voice messages, emails, receipts or faxes - it'll only play menu options for message types you have in your inbox at the time.