Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.1(3) Switch Settings

LardMonster
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've been looking into an issue with a Unity Server which has one way audio. During the install it asked me to select a switch (Cisco CallManager) and in the switch settings after the install it displays that its using CallManager... as it should.

In desperation to try and resolve the issue myself so I started playing with the switch setting :(. I found that in the IP Switch setting nothing was listed so I entered Cisco CallManager from the list and the problem still persisted. I've just realised that IP Switch setting are only used for multiple integrations... hence why nothing was in there. Before I realised this I tried to test with a subscriber account and saw 2 options in the switch box and I didn't know which one I was using soooo.... I went to the Switch tab and changed it from Cisco to Default so I could tell which one I was using in the subscriber account.

The big problem now is that when I go back to the switch tab all that’s displayed in the set active switch type is physical switches not Cisco CallManager. How can I change this back without uninstalling Unity and re-installing it?

The only support TAC can supply with regards to the one way audio is disable the network card.

Any feedback will gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Mark Mckone

1 Reply 1

jbohrer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mark - It sounds like your Unity system is integrating only with CallManager (not dual integration). If so, you can try modifying the registry directly. Look in HKLM\Software\Active Voice\MIU\1.0\Initialization. You should see "Switch 0" and "Switch 1" keys. Under both of those, the value of "Switch Configuration File" should be "Cisco0002.ini". One of them probably says "defaults.ini" or something like that. Just correct the value and restart Unity.

- Jim Bohrer