Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.1 (5) --after installing the application

jkunkoski
Level 1
Level 1

When I restart the server, a message pops up:

"At least one service or driver failed during startup."

I located troubleshooting instructions that directed me to start up services and verfiy that those services had the proper permissions. When trying to give (e.g., AvGaenSvr) services the proper permission, I found that it will not take the password that I enter. I simply puts in another one, possibly a default.

Additional error messages indicate that the AvGaenSvr file can't be found, and I'm unable to log onto the Doh.

Also, when trying to run the Configuration Setup, the error, "Unable to open an SQL connection to the Unity database," occurs.

I'm completely stumped.

3 Replies 3

uversave
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Is sql server started properly? , "Unable to open a SQL connection to the Unity database can mean that it's not started. Did the first part of the install go fine? Please send us the tempu.log file to see what went wrong. I might be a good idea to open a case with the TAC. If you have done that please provide us with case number.

Ullie

Hello,

My case number is E170635.

I spoke with Sam Issa yesterday. I reinstalled Unity, got an error message: "Cannot import adofre15.reg: Error opening the file. There may be a disk or file system error."

After the install, I checked to see if Unitydb was created in SQL and it wasn't. I was also missing the tempu.log.

Hi

I spoke to Issam and he informed me that you were reinstalling. I suggest you continue to work directly with him to get this issue resolved.

Ullie