cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.1: Put_Version could not be saved to the security key

mcolarusso
Level 1
Level 1

I am Insalling Unity 3.1 in my Lab Environment on a Compaq Hardware. Windows 2000, with SP3 (tried with SP4 too), MSDE 2000 with SP4, SQL Ent Mngr with SP3, MSXML 4.0, IE 6.0 SP1. Permission Wizard runs fine.

Just before the First Phase of the Installation completes, I get " Field name Put_Version could not be saved to the security key".

This had worked fine on another test environment last month.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like we aren't able to access the key via the parallel port - I remember there were some problems on some of the older Compaq platforms with that - check out this thread from a while back, it may still be relevant here:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.ee832e0/5#selected_message

When Unity upgrades it needs to write the minor version information to the dongle - sounds like that's failing (this is the "put_version" error you're seeing).

All Parallel Port settings as per the thread. I even get output of the Unity keydump Utility, which indicates that the parallel port is reading the dongle.

The only other time I've seen that error was with a bad dongle that had to be replaced. You should probably contact the TAC and have that done.