cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Features

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Recently I've had a customer who is very familiar with Reparte ask me a couple of very specific questions regarding Unity features. I did not have the answers to his questions but maybe someone here does.<br><br>What is the location of the wave file that contains the system recording for "after a user has finnished listening to a played message" options as in press 1 for... press 2 for ... press 3 for... etc. This customer needs to modify the contents of that system recording.<br><br>How would one setup a personal mailbox to allow touch tone entry during message playback. The client claims that there is a problem with options 5 and 6 which only seem to work after the message has finnished playing. Options 1-4 work fine during message playback.<br><br>Thanks very much.<br><br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Well, first off I have to say we don't support folks going in and rerecording system prompts in Unity as we did in Repartee. When you do an upgrade we're going to go ahead and write over that prompt with the one from the new version. There's no provision for a prompt editor type interface in this product line as yet.

I would be curious to know what it is they want to do with that prompt. I'd be extremely uncomfortable with someone changing that (it's actually more than one prompt since the options voiced are different based on what you have on the system such as TTS or Fax options). I am, however, always interested in knowing what folks are trying to make the system do. If you could elaborate, that'd be great.

I'm also not sure what he means by "options 1-4" work fine but "options 5 and 6" only seem to work in the after message action conversation. Can you be more specific? Just so we're on the same page, here's the conversation options from 2.3.6 (which I'm guessing is what you're on):

During message playback:

1 repeats the message
2 saves the message
3 deletes the message
5 makes the message louder/softer (it cycles)
7 small rewind
8 pause/resume
9 small forward
* cancels
0 Help
# skip to after playback menu

After Playback

1 repeat the message
2 saves message
3 deletes message
4 replies (if it's from a known user)
5 forwards the message
6 marks it as new
7 small rewind
8 fax delivery (if applicable)
9 message summary
* cancel
0 help
# skip to next message

Now when you say options 5 and 6 don't work during message playback... perhaps you're looking for options 4 and 6 which would be speed up or slow down in the Repartee conversation? Speed control is not yet supported by Dialogic for their TAPI/WAV interface, you can only control the speed from the desk top at this time.

I'm assuming 5 (volume control) works fine (it does on my test boxes here). Of course these options don't make sense in the after message action menu, those keys are mapped to other items and work OK.

Is that what they were looking for? If so, then speed control is being worked on for a future release. If not, please let me know which options they're looking for.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice Corp
jlindborg@activevoice.com