cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Greeting

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured a call handler with the company opening greeting for company A, and assigned it ext 3000. Ext 3000 is configured as a CTI port in CCM, with FWD All to voice mail.

I have configured the attendant extensions to FWD Busy, and FWD NA to ext 3000. I am still getting the Cisco default opening greeting.

To work around this, I set the standard greeting to blank, and to send to the call handler for the company A opening greeting.

This seem to have fixed things, but I need to create an opening greeting for another company, company B sharing the same Unity VM System.

Company B, has a call handler with ext 3001, which has been configured in CCM as a CTI port also, Fwd to VM

Also now when the message button is pressed on the phone, I get the greeting from the opening greeting I configured for company A.

Is it possible to configure Unity to play two different opening greetings, and still have it play the Cisco default opening greeting when the message button is pressed on the IP Phone?

2 Replies 2

jsmbrown
Level 1
Level 1

No matter how many times a number gets forwarded, Unity still looks at the original dialed number. The only exception is if there is a tranlation pattern. You need to make sure that the original number you are dialing is the extension you are using in Unity for that company's opening greeting. If 3000 is the number you are dialing, then the extension of the company's opening greeting must be 3000.

Forwarding to 3000 from the attendant will not match 3000 in Unity. Unity is looking at the number you dialed to get to the attendants.