cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity SA Web permissions

david.lawrence
Level 3
Level 3

We are running multiple versions of Unity with Exchange 5.5 with multiply sites within the organisation.

Is there a way I can provide access to the remote SA webs for my helpdesk staff without creating a user for them in each exchange site and adding them to Unity as a subscriber?

I don't want to waste subscriber licenses for the remote sites, and was wondering if multiple NT accounts can be allocated to the admin account for SA web.

Although I can use terminal services on each helpdesk machine I would prefer to just use the machines web browser.

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you're using a 3.1.x version of Unity or later, you can use the "grantUnityAccess" tool to add a map for the help desk folks' NT credentials to the special built in "installers" account on a Unity box such that they can get into the SA for that Unity box without having to be a subscriber. You'll find the tool in the Tools Depot on your desktop.

Here's a thread that goes into some of the details on how to do this on a larger scale:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=bookmarks&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.ee88adf/0#selected_message

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you're using a 3.1.x version of Unity or later, you can use the "grantUnityAccess" tool to add a map for the help desk folks' NT credentials to the special built in "installers" account on a Unity box such that they can get into the SA for that Unity box without having to be a subscriber. You'll find the tool in the Tools Depot on your desktop.

Here's a thread that goes into some of the details on how to do this on a larger scale:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=bookmarks&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.ee88adf/0#selected_message

Jeff

Thanks for this. Just what I was looking for and works a treat.

Regards

D