Views
Helpful
Replies

unlimited users

astectelecom
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

My customer has a unity 2.46.102. I think it was an active voice machine because it has 65000 licences for active assistant, fax mail and vmo. My problem is they want to upgrade to 3.15 and i am worried they may lose their unlimited licence in the process. Will a key upgrade from version 2.46 to 3.15 retain all the licence features?

jim

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you get your upgrade code for 3.x it'll contain a number of ports and number of users licensed - 3.x and later does not have the concept of unlimited users - we were forced to change the licensing model largely because of the way Exchange, Domino and SQL are licensed.

when you order your upgrade code you'll have to specify the number of users to be licensed so the upgrade code can be generated for you. Otherwise you wont be able to install 3.x (the upgrade wont run if the key indicates a major version of 2 instead of 3).

thanks jeff

i don't think there is a specification for number of users on a version 2 to version 3 upgrade. The key is licenced for 65000 users , will this stay the same after the keyupdate has been run?

jim

That's a marketing decision... it's possible to upgrade fields on the security key independant of one another so from a technical standpoint this is possible. If they issue upgrade codes that don't also indicate the number of users I can't say right off hand... if they don't ask for that info then I'd assume the existing lisencse numbers stay in place.