cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating Service Parameter

rpanigrahi
Level 1
Level 1

In call Manager a IP Phone Service can have parameters. These value of these parameters can be changed while subscribing the service to a IP Phone. I want to do the same functionality programmatically using the AXL API. For example there is a service called World Clock. This service has a parameter called City and have a default value as Dubai. I want to subscribe this service to a IP Phone programmatically. While subscribing I want to change the value of the parameter City. Which AXL API I can use to do the same.

2 Replies 2

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Uhh, I don't think there's an AXL command to subscribe and unsubscribe from a service, much less update a service and update all subscriptions. There's an internal XML element called XSubscribedService.. so perhaps it is possible doing something with the services.. I'm looking at a similar problem with huntgroups (put in and take out DNs to/from a huntgroup which means I have to update linegroups and there's no direct command for that, but there might be something derived if I take a command that's higher up in the hierarchy). Anyways, perhaps that'll permit you to get started though I can't guarantee that it'll work that way.

as.pillai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ramprasad,

Going thru ur req i just remembered a work around which i had to do for IP phone to Ip phone messasing (IP SMS) service that i developed .

Since CM doesn't provide ay external interface to its application the only way to pass different parameters is to define a parameter while subscribing for service to an individual IP phone or while defining as service & reading that parameter by request.getParameter("") in your VBscript JavaScript application(in ur case worldclock script file).

In world clock app probably u need to customize for this.

The parameter name lenght should be within 126 char & value is limited to 1048 charcters.

Hope this answers ur query

Sandeep Nag.