cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Variable VMO delay

dhcchan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,<br><br> I have installed VMO at Chinese Outlook 2000 and configured those recording and playback device at phone set. When I record or playback a voice message, the delay for playing a beep sound varies from case to case. The delay time is between 2 to 15 seconds. We have double checked that the configuration for PBX swtich is correct. As now there are only about 20 subscribers created, in production phrase there will be 900 subscribers. We are afraid that there will be even a longer delay for production. Pls help<br><br>many thx<br><br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

so this is AFTER the phone has called the station by your desktop and made the connection? Or do you mean it takes that long to call your phone, you pick up and THEN there's a delay when you hear the beep (i.e. the Unity server isn't aware that the phone has been picked up yet)? If you say something into the phone when you pick it up, does the beep kick in right away then? if that's the case it sounds like the ringback characterization might need to be tightened up or folks might need to learn to say "hello" or something when they pick up the phone (since this will break up any pattern checking and indicate to Unity that the phone has been answered).

if that's not the scenario, please provide the specific flow of events before the beep delay is experienced.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Hi,

I have tried some tests and found that the Unity is not aware that the phone has been picked up. If I speak "Hello" the beep sound kick in immediately. Would u pls suggest me some method to improve this problem?

many thanks