cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail Subject line

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Untiy Build 2.4.6.135<br>TSP 1.0.0.36<br>CCM 3.0.11<br><br> I am watching my voice mails come into my inbox, and they are not the same. The subject line shows "Message from an unidentified caller" for all the ports except the first one. The first port says "Message from 6666". My questions are related.<br><br>1. Where does the outlook get this message from?<br>2. Can I change what it says? If yes, how do I do it.<br><br>I am also having a similar problem on the display to the phones. They are 7910 sw. When a call comes in, and it goes to a phone the phone says the port number calling for a split second. Then it says " to to and continues to ring. If you pick up the call it adds another to to the end of the display to say " to to to then recepients name.<br>Some times it is different letter and numbers but usually it is the " to to to that comes up. My questions are almost the same a above.<br><br>1. Where does the phones get the " to to from?<br>2. Can I change it to say it is coming from and unknown number or unidentified caller. If yes, how do I do so.<br><br>The phones will display the users names from ip to ip phones calls. That seems to work fine. <br><br>Well if any one can help it would be appreciated.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br><br>Troy Dean<br>Elevating Boats LLC.<br>900 St. Bernard Pkwy<br>Braithwaite, La 70040<br>E-Mail: tdean@ebi-inc.com

8 Replies 8

Not applicable

Is there anyone out there? This must be a hard question because usually I have one response by now. If i am looking in the wrong place, someone please let me know.

Thanks,

Troy Dean
Elevating Boats LLC.
900 St. Bernard Pkwy
Braithwaite, La 70040
E-Mail: tdean@ebi-inc.com

Not applicable

I can answer the Unity part of that (someone with more CM depth will have to speak to the display phone issue).

No, there's no way to change the subject line format. Unity sets the subject line when creating the message in your inbox. If the inbound call that left the message for you has no caller ID associated with it, the subject line will be "unidentified caller". If there is any calling number, it'll be included on the subject line. Of course if it's another subscriber, the message is left from them directly...

sounds like we're getting calling number info on line 1 ("6666"?) but not the other lines I would guess.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I have seen problems where the caller ID presented to Unity on outside calls by the sending phone system causes Unity to see the call as an internal extension (6666). Sometimes it can be matched to a local subscriber if the extension is the same.

This is usually because there is a Call Manager on the other side that isn't properly masking its phone number with area code and prefix on outbound calls. This is a case where Unity "calls 'em like she sees 'em"... the sending phone system is presenting incomplete information. In those situations the problem needs to be fixed on the other end.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Not applicable

"I am also having a similar problem on the display to the phones. They are 7910 sw. When a call comes in, and it goes to a phone the phone says the port number calling for a split second."

This happens because the Unity transferring port actually was the DN that initially set a call up to your phone. So, as it was in the transfer process, it dialed your phone's DN. In between your phone ringing, and Unity completing the transfer process, CallManager displays the calling party as the transferring port. After that transferring port has dropped out of the call, CallManager will transition the display of the called phone to show the "new" calling party. The fact that the display of your called phone is transitioning is normal.

"Then it says " to to and continues to ring. If you pick up the call it adds another to to the end of the display to say " to to to then recepients name."

Well, that's not certainly normal. CallManager writes to the display of these phones, so that field is not being filled in the expected way by CallManager. It's possible that the Gateway is not properly presenting that information to CallManager.

The whole "to to" issue probably needs to be handled through TAC. Since it is a gateway and.or CallManager issue, you might not have luck on this Unity forum.

1. Where does the phones get the " to to from?

CallManager writes that information to the phone's display.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

May I take this a bit further? When leaving a message for someone on another Unity in the same site, isn't there a way to get message from last,first instead of message from extension? I seem to be missing this??

Not applicable

was there an answer posted for this last question?

Not applicable

specifically;
Now that the Washington and Santa Monica voice mail systems are in the same
site, we expected that messages left for someone in the other server would
show "Message from Name, Name" but instead it says "Message from Extension".
For example, I'm in the SM vmail server, if I call Carlos in WO vmail server
and leave him a message, he sees "Message from x6422" instead of "Message
from Payne, Susan". As further fall-out from this, Carlos cannot Reply to
my message since it doesn't know how to send to x6422 (but would know how to
send to Payne, Susan).

Can you help us figure out how to truly unify these servers?

With regard to the callerID issue, is there a reason VMO (vers 2.4.6 and 3.1(3.0) and Unity 2.4.6.135 specifically) does not display Area code information but does displays the remaining 7 digits in the VMO subject line?

I understand that Unity "calls 'em like she sees 'em", but we ARE receiving 10 digit caller ID info with area code on our Nortel Option 61 PBX phones. Is there an option for the Nortel to only send seven digits to Unity or is this the result of a serial integration using a PBXLink? Is there a way to get the PBXLink to pass ALL caller ID info?

Thanks!!!