Voicemails occasionally cannot be seen by Unity

r.troutman
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 3.1.3

Exchange 2000 on box

Voicemail only

McAfee Netshield 4.5

Once every week or so, I have some users that complain that they aren't getting any voicemails. i can call their extension...Unity will pick up, play their greeting and then I can leave a voicemail. However, if I go to the phone, press the messages button and login Unity says that I have no voicemails. I can login through Outlook express to the mailbox and see that there are voicemails there and I can play them. Our interim solution has been to delete the user and readd as a brand new subscriber with a different alias. This seems to fix the problem temporarily.

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So Unity doesn't even say there are voice mails and then just skips them? just indicates there are no messages at all?

The next time this happens, check the message class on the messages you are not offered over the phone - I'm betting it'll be the plain IPM.NOTE instead of the necessary IPM.Note.Voice.Unity. Sometimes virus scanning software can end up having this effect.

Actually, Unity says that you have no voicemails. I can log in through Outlook Express and see that there are voicemails though.

We are using Mcafee 4.5. Heuristics is turned off. How do I check the message class on the messages? What is the IPM?

The easiest way to check the message class is by using Outlook - you add the message class column to the inbox view. Check out the help file for the new "Third Party Fax Administration" tool here:

http://www.answermonkey.net/App_ThirdPartyFaxConfig.htm

It has instructions and screen shots on how to do this...

So you think Antivirus could possibly be messing it up? I can't check b/c we deleted the mailbox already. Its happened maybe 3-4 times in the past 2-3 weeks though. Any idea what could be aggravating it? We've had antivirus on for almost 3 months now.