cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 7009 DC Core Switch with MDS 9250i SAN Switch Design/Deployment Guide between two DC's

I am working on a DC solution between two DC, each site will be using the following devices.

1. 2 x Cisco Nexus 7009 (DC Core Switch)

2. 2 x Cisco Catalyst 6509 (Campus Core Switch)

3. 2 x Cisco ASR 1002 Router

4. 2 x Cisco MDS 9250i SAN Switch

5. IBM HX5 Blade Server

6. IBM V3700 SAN, VMWare, Tape Backup, etc.

DC's will be doing SAN interconnection, remote backup replication and FC I/O communication.

I attached here the HL diagram, can anyone please review this, kindly give comment and recommendation as per Cisco best practice.

I am new to Storage and MDS switch. Further I googled MDS 9250i design/deployment best practice, not found one.

Hoping to receive a response from you soon.

Regards,

Arnold

2 Replies 2

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

check out this link it might be helpful

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Data_Center/HA_Clusters/HA_FCI_4.html

are you extending L2 over the MPLS L2 provider or you configuring the DC edge devices to use L3 ?

Actually I was thinking of including OTV/LISP solution between the two DC, however I am not that incline as it might complicate the project and I might not able to complete it ontime and might not able to make the solution up and running, as I am not familiar with OTV/LISP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: