Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS Management Pack for Ops 2012 sp1

I'm have mp v2.6.0.179 installed in an ops mgr 2012 sp1 environment. I'm looking to invoke fault in ucs by flipping the vsan configuration in one of the service profile to generate an alert from source BladeInterfaceCardX and then flip back to clear the alert as a demo of integration. This works great however, I can't seem to increase the interval to speed up the polling to generate and clear the alert. I have modified the intervals for the "Blade General Rule", the "BladeInterfaceCard General Rule", and some of the object discoveries. I still can't seem to get the alerts to populate faster. Avg. time before I see the alerts is between 8-12 minutes.

The user guide document doesn't necessarily explain in great detail the contents of the management pack and the rules/monitors/object discoveries etc so I'm looking for some assistance with either finding more detailed documentation or if someone can shed some light on the polling intervals and more detail around the ucs agent service and how frequently it is pulling data into ops manager that could help as well.

Thanks,

Chris

1 Reply 1

Jeffrey Foster
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

Just to be clear, what are you overriding - the rule or the object discovery? It sounds like you are adjusting the interval for the rule based on your message. There is some detail in the documentation here (Page 5-4) in adjusting and overriding intervals which outline navigation to the Object Discovery interval configuration options:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/msft_tools/scom/scom_2.6/scom_2.6_user_guide/scom_2_6_userguide.pdf

Jeff