Helpful
Replies

Data Center Redundancy

Petr Nagernyuk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, dear experts!

I) My  Input data is (read please, or see attach):

- I have one active data center (main office), one backup data center (backup office), and several branch offices and many corporate internet users

- Each of the offices has redundant internet connection: Main office via ISP1 and ISP2, backup office via ISP3 and ISP4.

- Standby data center duplicates corporates services (such as Exchange, Sharepoint, FileStorage).

- Main office and backup office are long-distanced from each other (about 800 km), and interconnected via 1Gb fiberoptic.

II) My tasks are:

1. Provide redundant network  connection for local ofiice users to corporate services.

2. Provide redundant network connection for branch offices and internet users to corporate services.

III) My ideas are:

1. Accordingly to the 1-st task. Here I suppose to use load balancers in redundant configuration.

2. Accordingly to the 2-nd task. To my mind there are two scenarios.

2.1 First scenario. To built a DMVPN topology using main and backup offices as a hubs, and branch offices as a spokes.

2.2 Second scenario. To by provider independet IPv4-adress block and ASN, to advertise main and backup office networks in internet.

IV) My questions are:

-What scenario according to the 2-nd task is better: using a DMVPN-topology or using an ASN-redundancy?

-Is it possible to avoid assymetric routing problems in case of using a an ASN-redundancy?

Thank you!

1 Reply 1

mohammedrafiq
Level 1
Level 1

I think Global loadblancer device will solve your both issue or there is an other solution for 2nd question,

to use BGP confedration, that means use two private ASN internaly one in each DC, and put them both DC in one confedration, use one public ASN with all your  ISP's.

Regards,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card