Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DCNM Upgrade to 11.4.1 failed

Hello,

we are trying to upgrade our DCNM version 11.2.1 to 11.4.1. After setting the environment variable "JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS" to ""-Dos.name=Windows 7"" the installer will start and recognize that a 11.2.1 version is running. Then it stops the services and work for some time. But in the end a failure message pops up and says "[DB installed path error] Existing DB installed path not found: Please check DCNM_DB_ROOT in installvariables.properties. Installation will be aborted on clicking OK". We use a postgresql 9.6.18 db that is installed under E:\Postgresql. I have found an "installvariables.properties" under "E:\DCNM\dcm\Uninstall_DCNM" and yes the variable "DCNM_DB_ROOT" is empty. But what value should it have ? I have googled for this message but find nothing. Can anyone help please ?

Sincerely Yours Sven

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sven,

I have opened a support ticket with cisco, the value was to add is E:\:\\Program Files\\Cisco\\dcm\\db. I think you will need it next time you doing an upgrade as you mentioned that DCNM_DB_ROOT still does not have any value.

Sam

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

stela
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Have you found value or a fix to this issue I am getting the same error when I try to upgrade.

Sam

Hi,

no, we have found no solution. At the end we uninstalled the complete old DCNM version and installed the new one. Because we have only 4 fc switches in our environment it was only a little work to import the switches an configure some minor settings. Fun fact: after the installation of the new version the "DCNM_DB_ROOT" variable in the absolut new "installvariables.properties" file is also empty. So it seems that a future upgrade will fail again. Fine work Cisco :-).

Sven

Hi Sven,

I have opened a support ticket with cisco, the value was to add is E:\:\\Program Files\\Cisco\\dcm\\db. I think you will need it next time you doing an upgrade as you mentioned that DCNM_DB_ROOT still does not have any value.

Sam

Hi,

thank you. I have wrote down this solution in my documentation for dcnm :-).

Best regards Sven