Helpful
Replies

Enterprise Composite models

susim
Level 3
Level 3

Hi ,

I am just trying to understand different models 

1 . What are the main differences between Enterprise campus model and composite model ?
2. What are the services or fucntion or device should be reloacted if we want to move from the  campus model to composite model ?
3. Is there huge differnces  between switch and access layer

" All traffic forwarded to the enterprise edge distribution module is from remote corporate users that are authenticated in some fashion before being allowed through the firewall".
Does it mean servers like AAA must be palced in the enterprise edge distribution module ? 

In enterprise edge distribution module how we define DMZ ?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Hi to support sbt,

I found your question while I was searching for a definition of the Enterprise Composite Model mentioned very briefly in my Cisco CCDA training.  CCDA is all about the Enterprise Architecture Model so I was puzzled by the sudden, unexplained mention of a composite model.

The only place I found a description is the book "CCNP Routing and Switching Quick Reference", by D Donohue and B Stewart.  Chapter 1 describes an evolution from a Hierarchical Architecture Model to an Enterprise Composite Model and then Enterprise Architecture Model. I have no idea if this will help you, but it helped me.

Good luck.