cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hyperflex deployment emergency question !

shu shen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi   Everyone

I deployed HX system encounter a question.

When i deploy hx installer ,that is  is failed ,below errors ,why

Deploying Storage Controller VM on ESXi Host

Installing Software VIB on ESXi Host failed with ' [DependencyError] File path of '/opt/springpath/vm_services.py' is claimed by multiple non-overlay VIBs: set(['Springpath_bootbank_stHypervisorSvc_2.5.1b-26284', '_bootbank_scvmclient_2.1.1c-21048']) File path of '/opt/springpath/vm_ops.py' is claimed by multiple non-overlay VIBs: set(['Springpath_bootbank_stHypervisorSvc_2.5.1b-26284', '_bootbank_scvmclient_2.1.1c-21048']) File path of '/opt/springpath/vm_reparent.py' is claimed by multiple non-overlay VIBs: set(['Springpath_bootbank_stHypervisorSvc_2.5.1b-26284', '_bootbank_scvmclient_2.1.1c-21048']) File path of '/opt/springpath/support/SAMPLE.VscsiStats' is claimed by multiple non-overlay VIBs: set(['Springpath_bootbank_stHypervisorSvc_2.5.1b-26284', '_bootbank_scvmclient_2.1.1c-21048']) File path of '/opt/springpath/support/collectVscsiStats.sh' is claimed by multiple non-overlay VIBs: set(['Springpath_bootbank_stHypervisorSvc_2.5.1b-26284', '_bootbank_scvmclient_2.1.1c-21048']) File path of '/opt/springpath/support/README.VscsiStats' is claimed by multiple non-overlay VIBs: set(['Springpath_bootbank_stHypervisorSvc_2.5.1b-26284', '_bootbank_scvmclient_2.1.1c-21048']) Please refer to the log file for more details.'

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jgorlin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shu Shen,

This can happen if you try to install an older version of HXDP on top of an ESXi installation that was used with a newer version of HXDP. You can quickly resolve this by re-imaging your ESXi host using the Cisco custom ISO posted on Cisco.com. TAC can also assist in manually removing the VIBs if you do not desire to re-image ESXi (typically a quick process).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

shu shen,

I recommend you also post this to the Cisco Support Community for additional feedback and information from technical experts.

Cisco Support Community - Cisco Support Community

I hope this helps.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities

jgorlin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shu Shen,

This can happen if you try to install an older version of HXDP on top of an ESXi installation that was used with a newer version of HXDP. You can quickly resolve this by re-imaging your ESXi host using the Cisco custom ISO posted on Cisco.com. TAC can also assist in manually removing the VIBs if you do not desire to re-image ESXi (typically a quick process).