cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intersight mandatory for 3 Node Edge?

craneman
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 c220c in Hyperflex mode.  I want to eliminate the Fabric Interconnects...

I just want to run the ova hyperflex installer on the 3 nodes...

So I would end up managing the c220 through the cimc, the vms through vsphere... and the Hyperflex through HXConnect...

seems possible...  I dont have internet connectivity for Intersight and the Intersight appliance wont work here either...

It seems like I could do this if I can run the ova installer to tie everything together..vmware of course..

Anyone seen tis way or know if it is not a good idea?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please see https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/hyperconverged_systems/HyperFlex_HX_DataPlatformSoftware/Edge_Deployment_Guide/b_HyperFlex_Edge_Deployment_Guide_4_0/m_deployment_options.html

HyperFlex Edge Deployment Options

HyperFlex Edge can be deployed using Cisco Intersight from the cloud or by using the on-premise installer appliance. You can choose between the following two options depending on your requirements:

• HyperFlex On-Premise OVA Installer—Use this option for on-premise Edge deployments for three and four node clusters. This type of deployment supports all three network topologies, and requires download and installation of the appliance along with local network access.

Note

Use of the on-premises installer is not support for two node HyperFlex Edge clusters.
  • Intersight Installer—Use this option for Edge to deploy HyperFlex Edge from the cloud. This deployment option supports all Edge cluster sizes and network topologies.

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card