Views
Helpful
Replies

N7K-SUP1 EOL Replacement

Mokhalil82
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys

So not sure yet how the EOL process works, but I have a N7K with the SUP1 Supervisor (N7K-SUP1) and on the cisco website it shows the last day of support in 2019 on the link below, it also gives details of the replacement part being the SUP2. Does this mean I am still supported until 2019 or is it time to look for a SUP2

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-7000-series-switches/end_of_life_notice_c51-729282.html

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

If you don't need to upgrade to Supervisor 2 for another reason i.e., it's a dependency for some other hardware or feature that you'll be using, then there's no absolute reason to move at this stage. As per the link you attached to the original posting, the Supervisor 1 is supported by Cisco until August 2019.

Regards

View solution in original post

You will be supported till the last day of support mentioned in EOL announcement.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

If you don't need to upgrade to Supervisor 2 for another reason i.e., it's a dependency for some other hardware or feature that you'll be using, then there's no absolute reason to move at this stage. As per the link you attached to the original posting, the Supervisor 1 is supported by Cisco until August 2019.

Regards

You will be supported till the last day of support mentioned in EOL announcement.