Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow - IWAN Setup

rajmohan30
Level 1
Level 1

WHi,

Good morning !! Would someone help me to clarify the questions below ? Thank you... My understanding is that the traffic on underlay would match the sum of traffic going via overlay. But when i analyzed the Netflow report in SolarWinds, it is not the case so i wanted to clarify whether my understating is correct. Let's take an example..

Physical INTERNET interface - Gi0/0/4 (Underlay interface) - Capacity is 500 Mb/s

Gi0/0/4 BW Usage – 300 Mb/s (Rx) at Specific time.

Network ManagementNetwork Management

At the same time, the Netflow usage on each individual interface as below.

Tunn 1 (DMVPN) – 2.9 Mb/s (Rx)

Tunn 10 (GRE to PROXY) – 104.7 Mb/s (Rx)

Gi0/0/4 (DIA Traffic) – 152.2 Mb/s (Rx)

so far Total = 260 Mb/s (apx) and the remaining around 40 Mb/s (300-260) is consumed by Guest.

My question is that the underlay or physical interface (gi0/0/4) BW usage (300 Mb/s) does not match the Netflow traffic on the same interface whereas it shows only 152.2 Mb/s.,

Doesn't it not sum up the overlay traffic of DMVPN/GRE tunnel and show the aggregate value under physical interface netflow report, if not may i know why ?

1 Reply 1

usman ali dar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, in Solarwinds the Netflows usually show both direction please review that setting first. if you already review that and its one way traffic than; the flows will be shown on the main interface from receiving and passing through, if flows are configured on the Tunnel and that interface is added to the solarwinds then you should see different traffic from different interfaces