Replies

Nexus 5596up upgrade procedure path

Arvin.hsu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have a pair of n5k.

Can I upgrade directly the NX-OS form 5.2(1)N1(2a) to 7.0(7)N1(1) by Non-ISSU

or is there a upgrade procedure path for n5k ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

If you're OK with a non ISSU i.e., disruptive upgrade, then there shouldn't be any issues between the releases you're proposing. The only consideration I've ever come across when using a disruptive upgrade was when the BIOS or Power Sequencer was upgraded as part of an NX-OS upgrade, and then that required the switch be power cycled rather than the more usual "reload" type restart.

In case you've not seen it, the Cisco Nexus 5000 Series NX-OS Software Upgrade and Downgrade Guide, Release 5.2 document goes into full details of options.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

If you're OK with a non ISSU i.e., disruptive upgrade, then there shouldn't be any issues between the releases you're proposing. The only consideration I've ever come across when using a disruptive upgrade was when the BIOS or Power Sequencer was upgraded as part of an NX-OS upgrade, and then that required the switch be power cycled rather than the more usual "reload" type restart.

In case you've not seen it, the Cisco Nexus 5000 Series NX-OS Software Upgrade and Downgrade Guide, Release 5.2 document goes into full details of options.

Regards

Hi Steve ,

thanks for your info .