Helpful
Replies

Nexus VDC

Maher Shaban
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've 2 Nexus 7009 with sup-2T,

my design is having 2 VDCs in each phisycal Chassis(Core-Agg)

can I create a nother isolated VDC on one of the AGGs and Connect it to the Agg VDCs on both Chassis using port-channels, like a separated switch?

both the Current Design, and the required change design are attached.

Regards,

Maher

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

This is possible, but you should bear in mind that the "NEW-VDC" can obviously only exist within a single physical Nexus 7K. If your clients are all connected to the NEW-VDC i.e., a single device, then you have no resilience in the event of a failure of that device.

If possible it might be better to create another VDC in each chassis i.e., a NEW-VDC-LEFT and NEW-VDC-RIGHT, and then connect the clients to both LEFT and RIGHT. This of course assumes the clients can be dual connected, but if they don't support dual-homing, the second option would be to connect half your clients to VDC-LEFT and half to VDC-RIGHT so as minimise the impact of a device failure.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

This is possible, but you should bear in mind that the "NEW-VDC" can obviously only exist within a single physical Nexus 7K. If your clients are all connected to the NEW-VDC i.e., a single device, then you have no resilience in the event of a failure of that device.

If possible it might be better to create another VDC in each chassis i.e., a NEW-VDC-LEFT and NEW-VDC-RIGHT, and then connect the clients to both LEFT and RIGHT. This of course assumes the clients can be dual connected, but if they don't support dual-homing, the second option would be to connect half your clients to VDC-LEFT and half to VDC-RIGHT so as minimise the impact of a device failure.

Regards

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your support my friend.

Kindly, have a look at a new case I need support in if you can help.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2261920

Appreciated,

Maher.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card