Views
Helpful
Replies

OTV config example

mohammedrafiq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have to configure OTV between two DC connecting each other over two 10G links.I have pair of Nexus 7000 in each DC as vPC pair,

I have looked any OTV config example over two links but unable to find.

Please can some past sample example if possible or any URL LINK.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From th configuration:

site-vlan/site-identifier is used to communicate with other edge devices in the local site. So site-vlan/site-identifier is local site significant, You need to config same site-vlan/site-identifier on pair at the same site, but not necessary to have the same on both DC's.

The control-group/data-group should be same on both sites for communication.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Thanks Zhang,

Its very helpful,Please can you clarify the following,

1- DO I need same site-vlan/site-identifier number in both DC's?

2- If in one DC on both Nexus vpc pair I have

otv control group 239.1.1.1

otv data-group 239.1.1.0/29

then

in other DC  do I need same on both vpc pair or it need to be changed?

otv control group 239.1.1.1

otv data-group 239.1.1.0/29

Regards,

From th configuration:

site-vlan/site-identifier is used to communicate with other edge devices in the local site. So site-vlan/site-identifier is local site significant, You need to config same site-vlan/site-identifier on pair at the same site, but not necessary to have the same on both DC's.

The control-group/data-group should be same on both sites for communication.

So did that work for you ? Are you using 5.2? Did you try adjacency server vs. Multicast ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Dave,

I have not implemented it yet,but will go for multicast option instead of doing unicast and adj server.

Regards,

mohammedrafig

Did you end up implementing, i'm am in the processes of drawing this up today. I'm looking for examples or help understanding all the pieces. I'm in the same situation... 2 10 gig links to connect two DC with OTV, we're looking at the 7010 with an M1 card and 3 f2e cards, 5 fabric 2 cards and a sup2e, so total of 4 7Ks, there will be two at each site, each running admin, core, otv and dc VDCs...

We'll have cluster 5585 firewalls between sites to do south north routing. I'm trying to piece this all together, we have 20 fex at each DC, so I'm quickly running out of ports. I'm also having to interconnect the different VDCs as well as peer link my VDCs at each site between the two 7Ks.

Any tips you can provide on the OTV piece is appretiated. Were your two 10G links Layer two? so you plugged those into the M1 card and assigned it to a vlan on that port within your core vdc?, then used a Core vlan interface? Did you port-channel the 2 10G links then use HSRP on the two 7Ks at each site? can you do that and use it as your OTV interface?