Views
Helpful
Replies

220v rack mount UPS

notaciscoguy
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

I teach CCNA classes as part of an associate's degree program. Our program just moved to a new building. We discovered the hard way when I asked a student to set up our rack mounted UPSs that the L5 style outlets provided by the contractors are actually supplying 220v power, not the 125v we used in our old facility. Well one smoking ups later, we aren't trying that again. we are currently making due without the ups and plugging straight into the 120v 5-15r outlets but the buildings power is atrocious, the contractors who did the power are still wreaking havoc and shutting down breakers to fix their many... many... many mistakes. as you might imagine our network is quite unstable while they are busy gouging us. one issue they have no intention of fixing is the 220v power in our network closet. 

I find myself with the immediate need for a new UPS (probably 2 by the time all is said and done) that receives 220V in from an L5 style plug (220v is not a power source I am familiar with so I am unsure if this is the L6-30 or something else). it would need to supply a mixture of standard 5-15R and L5-20r outlets. preferably this should be something that could be purchased on poedunk rural college (that just wasted all their money on an overbudget building) funding. 

0 Replies 0