Views
Helpful
Replies

2501 Router T1 confguration problem

zhongke-lin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having problem configuring a cisco 2501 router (IOS 12.0(6)) with external cus/dsu. My connection to my ISP is a T1 line .

The router didn't take any of the following command. (I have configured a cisco 2600 router with IOS 12.0)

service-module t1 framing sf

service-module t1 linecode b8zs

service-module t1 clock source line

service-module t1 timeslots 1-24

Am I using the right commands or are there any equivalent to the above commands ? If so, what are they ?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

amitsonik
Level 1
Level 1

The commands that you are trying to use here, is for T1 controller with an internal csu/dsu. If you have an extrenal CSU/DSU, you will just need to configure the Serial Interface, most likely the DTE side of configuration. The external CSU/DSU that you have will need to get the following framing and linecodes, depending how the T1 line is provisioned.

I hope it was helpfull.

It is very helpful and has cleared the confusion I had in my mind. Thanks a lot.

One more question. Does it mean that I have to set up the CLOCK RATE for the router ?

No, you don't have to specify the clockrate when you are configuring the serial interface on the router as DTE.

You use Clockrate when you are configuring a serial interface on the router as DCE.

In your situation the clocking is provided by the T1 loop.

Thanks,

Amit Sonik

Thanks for taking your time off to answers my questions.